The Physical Education Department is made up on an enthusiastic and energetic team committed to achievement both in practical and theoretical elements of sport. Whether at competition level, or for fitness and fun, we aim to inspire and enthuse students. With more than nine sports studied through the National Curriculum in Years 7-9, and an extensive range of extra-curricular activities, the Department offers opportunities for all.
Key Stage 4
At GCSE we currently follow the SPE01 and SPE02 specification with Edexcel. Students study:
- Healthy active lifestyles
- Your healthy, active body
- A variety of practical sports, four of which individual students must choose to be examined in.
Students can be assessed as a player, an official or as a leader.
Students sit one exam paper which makes up 40% of their final grade, they are also assessed in four practical activities.
We also offer a VCert in Health and Fitness (Awarding Body: NCFE). This course covers:
- Principles of health and fitness
- Healthy lifestyles
- Preparing and planning for health and fitness
- Developing a personal health and fitness programme
There is one exam paper, comprising 25% of the final grade. Three units, which are internally assessed, are completed over the two year course. Students are awarded either a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Mr Gareth Nicholls: email@example.com