So what is Online Safety?
- Online Safety is concerned with safeguarding children, young people and indeed adults in the digital world.
- It is about learning to understand and use new technologies and Information Communication Technology (ICT) in a positive way.
- Online Safety is not about restricting children, but educating them about the risks as well as the benefits so they can feel confident and happy online.
- It is about being educated ourselves so we are able to support and help children and young people online.
Information for Everyone
- Online Safety at school: Importance of e-Safety in school and information on protecting staff.
- Online Safety at Home: Advice for parents/carers and how to work with families
- Cyberbullying: Advice on dealing with Cyberbullying in school and tips for young people and parents/carers
- SNAPP:Social Networking and Personal Publishing – Advice on guidance for schools and families
- Dangers and Risks: what to be aware of
- Think U Know: Information about CEOP and the Think U Know website
- Safer Browsing and Searching: Making the web safer in school
- Password Security: Making passwords safe
- Teaching e-Safety: Resources for teaching e-Safety in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools and other settings
If you would like to talk to someone in school, try contacting;
Mrs Russell, the School Chaplain: firstname.lastname@example.org